Please kindly note that DeleteRecords does not own or operate the third party brand listed on this page. The information provided on this page is provided for reference purposes only.
GoLookUp is a public data mining and collection software that provides extensive non-FCRA compliant background searches on people living in the United States. Founded in 2015, the system collects data from multiple public-record sources and provides this information to interested citizens who may use its paid or free features to retrieve records.
Through GoLookUp, a searcher or subscriber can access a range of services by entering a person's first name, last name, and resident state into search boxes. These services include reverse phone, email, and address searches; criminal records searches; sex offender lookups; catch-a-cheater searches; unclaimed money searches; inmate searches; prison searches; mugshots; divorce records; police reports; driving records; and so on. Regardless, the website warns against using such information for Fair Credit and Reporting Act (FCRA) purposes, such as vetting tenants or appraising employees.
- Usage Data: This represents non-identifying information collected by GoLookUp anytime an individual browses the website, such as the user's domain server, IP address, computer model, and web browser type.
- Personal information: Typically, an individual must submit certain personal data to use some GoLookUp services. This includes financial, demographic, business, or contact information such as names, addresses, genders, zip codes, credit card numbers, phone numbers, fax numbers, email addresses, and more. However, California State residents have more rights over collected personal information under the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) than residents of other U.S. states. As such, they can request reports from GoLookUp to know what personal information has been collected from them. Furthermore, in compliance with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), GoLookUp does not collect the personally identifiable data of minor children under 13 years of age and immediately deletes any such information found.
- Ads targeting: GoLookUp uses third-party advertising services. However, those third parties collect cookies to run efficient ad targeting services. GoLookUp has no control over these websites or the information they collect. An individual may visit those websites (for example, Google) to look for their opt-out features.
Members and users of GoLookUp can easily opt-out of the service and delete their information. This information may include those provided on background searches or personal information collected by the company. GoLookUp also offers the option to cancel a member account. Typically, opt-outs can be done by submitting forms or contacting customer support.
How to Opt-Out of GoLookUp
Individuals can opt-out or remove their information from GoLookUp using request forms provided on the website or by directly contacting the GoLookUp customer service. There are four types of opt-outs offered by the company:
- Remove personal information
- Remove mugshots
- Delete an account or membership
- Opt-out of email promotions (special offers)
Anyone who wants to remove information from GoLookUp should follow the steps below. Note that GoLookUp does not charge any fee for opt-out requests.
Remove personal information:
- Visit the GoLookUp opt-out request webpage
- Complete the online form by providing details such as a first name, last name, email, type of request (Delete My Information or Opt-out/Unsubscribe), date of birth, state, etc.
- Check the reCAPTCHA and submit the form.
Remove a mugshot:
- Visit the GoLookUp opt-out mugshot request webpage.
- Fill the opt-out form with information such as a first name, last name, email, the relevant page URL (obtainable from the https://golookup.com/mugshots/state-county page), and the reason for the removal request.
- Answer the reCAPTCHA and submit the form.
Delete a GoLookUp Account:
To cancel a GoLookUp membership, an individual may call the 24-hour customer service at (877) 890-2213 (toll-free) or complete an online form with a name (first and last), email, and phone number. Accounts are not deleted immediately as the company will still need to confirm and process the request.
In the three cases above, GoLookUp will contact applicants following the submission of forms to confirm their requests. The length of time between the submission and approval of a request may vary but is usually short. If, after submitting the form, a removal order remains unprocessed, the requester should contact support.
Opt-out of "special offer" email promotions:
During the account creation process, an individual will be directed to provide an email address. The subscriber can also choose to receive special promotions or offers regularly. An email address is automatically removed when an account is deleted. However, a person who wants to retain membership can cancel special offers using unsubscribe preferences provided in each promotional email or by contacting GoLookUp.
What Difficulties Exist when Opting Out of GoLookUp
There are usually no difficulties or issues associated with opting out of GoLookUp services or membership. The company operates a highly responsive, courteous customer service team that responds to requests and questions quickly. Inquirers may contact the team at email@example.com, via phone: (877) 890-2213 (toll-free), or by mail:
1000 North West Street
Wilmington, Delaware 19801
While GoLookUp offers simple and easy opt-out features, users should note its "effect of termination" clause regarding the removal of personal information after the deletion of an account or termination of services. According to this clause, not every personal information provided by a user or their usage data may be removed.
Find out if your personal information is exposed
Start by entering your name and search through multiple data brokers